From: Janet Lythgoe <email@example.com>
Date: 01 February 2021 at 12:34
Subject: Entries to Bolton’ Prayer Walking Initiative
Please see the message below and attached from Dave Hardman, who leads the ‘Thy Kingdom Come Bolton’ prayer team’s prayer meetings, regarding the ‘Entries to Bolton’ Prayer Walking initiative taking place throughout February.
Keith Armstrong and Janet Lythgoe,
Bolton Christian Community Cohesion
The ‘Entries to Bolton’ Prayer Walking Initiative
Over the past few weeks the Thy Kingdom Come Bolton Prayer Team have discussed prayer walking over all the roads at the entry points to Bolton and plan to do this throughout February.
If you or your church would like to join with them in praying into and over these roads, and railway stations, that would be fantastic.
This can be done in various ways:
- You could be at home and pray over the specific roads in the list below.
- You could drive to a specific junction, stay in your car and pray.
- You could arrange to meet someone at a specific junction and, observing social distancing regulations, pray with them.
- You could drive to a specific junction and, observing the green cross code! walk across road.
- You could pray even if you drive down these roads’ (eyes open please!).
The number of junctions you want to pray over is up to you.
The team will be starting to prayer walk/drive from Thursday, 4th Feb at 11am till 1pm and again on Friday at the same times. They will be doing this over the rest of February on the same days and times.
If you cannot make either Thursday or Friday that’s fine, any day will do.
If you would like to join in with this prayer walking initiative, and when you have decided which roads you would like to pray over, could you please let me, Dave Hardman, know so I can cross it off the list. You can do this via email or on the prayer group WhatsApp.
Mob or WhatsApp: 07940851570
This does not need to be done all at once but rather seeking God as to what to pray over each entry point.
Access and Egress to and from Bolton
Here is a list of all roads in and out of Bolton. Using Maps on my ipad I found a few more roads. I think I got them all! Please let me know if you think I’ve missed any:
- Belmont Road just after junction with Templecombe Drive
- A666 (Blackburn Rd) just after junction with Cox Green Road
- Chapeltown Road just after junction with Haydock lane
- Bradshaw Rd (A676) just after junction with Top Oth Brow
- Tottington Rd just after junction with Riding Gate
- Bury old road just after junction with Summer Ave
- Bury and Bolton Rd (A58) just after Bradly Fold Road
- Bradley Lane and Junction of Radcliffe Moor Rd
- Stopes Rd (A6053) at junction with Hayward Ave
10.(A666) and M61 junction both sides of roundabout
11.A575 and junction of Stone Hill Rd
12.Buckley Lane and junction Tennyson Rd
13.Anchor Lane at the bridge over the M61
14.Junction 4 M61 and the roundabout on the A6
15.St Helens Rd (A579) and junction of Manchester Rd and Salford Rd four lane ends
16.Snydale Way roundabout junction of A58 and A6
17.Manchester Rd (A6) and junction of Chew Moor Lane
18.Chorley Rd (A6) and junction of Church lane
19.Chorley Rd (A6) and junction with Lostock Lane
20.Chorley Rd (A6) and De Havilland Way as well as Junction 6 M61
21.A6 Blackrod By Pass and junction of Chorley Rd (B5408)
22.A6 Blackrod By Pass and junction Station Rd (B5238)
23.A673 Bolton Rd at junction of Dryfield Ln
24.Junction of Dryfield Ln and Rivington Ln
25.Belmont Rd at Junction with Scout Rd
26.Any of the train stations in the Bolton borough
If you or your church would like some support/training on prayer walking please get in touch.
Also please share any stories and insight by emailing in writing or sending videos to firstname.lastname@example.org or tagging @Passion_Bolton or #BoltonPrayerWalking.
Many thanks for your support with this,
Dave Hardman and the Thy Kingdom Come Bolton Prayer Team